Search for service components
Frequently service providers who have many components on their status page for a service, name these components completely differently. They may represent different products owned by the same company.
You might be interested in one product of a specific company which you need to monitor and you may not need to monitor for the whole products of this service/company.
Let's take a look at Canvas as an example. It is a product owned by Instruture, the learning platform, which is very useful for school districts.
Canvas is a web-based learning management system, or LMS. It is used by learning institutions, educators, and students to access and manage online course learning materials and communicate about skill development and learning achievement.
We have improved our back-end infrastructure so that even when you search for a product/component of a specific monitor, the search results produce the main monitor name in the first place.
Let's go over this in detail step by step:
1. Hit Add Monitor and then Service monitor.
2. On the next screen, start typing the name of the product/component (action 1), which is Canvas in our use case. You will see the Instructure monitor ins the results (action 2), click on it.
3. Hit Add Monitors.
4. On the next page, click on three dots next to the Instructure monitor and select Configure.
5. Select the Component Filters menu tab.
6. Select the Filter to specific components option (action 1) and check off the Canvas box (action 2).
7. Now switch over to the General menu tab and rename the monitor from Instructure to Canvas in this case (we're only going to be monitoring the Canvas component/product in this case). Once done, hit Save.
8. Now you can get back to monitors.
9. That's it, you have the Canvas monitor on your board!