Configuring Azure SSO
StatusGator supports enterprise Single Sign On (SSO) using the Security Assertion Markup Language (SSO). SAML is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between parties. SAML requires an identity provider (in this case, Azure) and a service provider, in this case StatusGator.
StatusGator SAML SSO has the following benefits:
- Users have have a single identity managed by your SAML Identity Provider.
- One click access to StatusGator from your Identity Provider dashboard.
Note: Currently StatusGator only supports service provider initiated single sign on with Azure. Identity provider initiated single sign on is not supported. Users will need to be invited to StatusGator by their Organization Admin using their email address before being able to use single sign on.
- Configure an enterprise application in Azure.
- Configure StatusGator to use your Azure enterprise application for SSO.
- Add users to your StatusGator SSO application within Azure.
As an admin in your Azure account, create a new enterprise application. This can be done in the Enterprise Applications area in Microsoft Azure.
- Choose to create your own application as follows.
- Сhoose to create your own application as follows.
- You can call your application "StatusGator SSO" or whatever you like.
- And click the Create button.
- Next choose to setup SSO.
- Next choose SAML. From there edit the Basic SAML Configuration.
- Next configure the following values:
- Identifier (Entity ID): https://statusgator.com (Note no trailing slash)
- Reply URL: https://statusgator.com/users/saml/auth
- Sign On URL: https://statusgator.com/users/saml/auth
- Sign Out URL: https://statusgator.com/users/saml/auth
- Sign in to your StatusGator account using your email address and password. Once logged in click the Organization link in main drop down menu located at the upper right corner of the page. From there, click Add SSO. If you do not see an Add SSO link here, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to SSO.
- You will be presented with the following form:
- Identity Provider Entity ID: Copy the Azure AD Identifier from section four of the StatusGator SSO Enteprrise Application in Azure.
- Sign On URL: Copy the Sign In URL from section four of the StatusGator SSO Enteprrise Application in Azure.
- Sign Out URL: Copy the Sign Out URL from section four of the StatusGator SSO Enteprrise Application in Azure.
- IDP Certificate: Download the Base64 encoded certificate from section three. Paste the base64 encoded ontents into this field.