Whitelisting StatusGator IPs
StatusGator can monitor websites directly with our Direct Monitoring feature. We'll make an HTTP request to your site and if that request is unsuccessful, the service will notify via your chosen notification channels and automatically update your status page.
The purpose of an application whitelist is to guard against two key threats: Malware Prevention: Malicious software, including keyloggers and ransomware, are prevented from executing if they are not on the whitelist.
StatusGator uses two static IP addresses in separate regions to perform checks. You will need to permit inbound traffic from these IP addresses for monitoring to function properly.
The following are used for monitoring traffic:
According to your needs, you can configure Windows Firewall settings to add IP addresses in Windows with the Windows Firewall settings. You can follow the below steps to add IP address in Windows Firewall.
1) On the Start menu, click ‘Windows Firewall with Advanced Security’:
2) Click the ‘Advanced settings’ option in the sidebar:
3) On the left side, click the option ‘Inbound Rules’:
4) On the right, under the section ‘Actions’, click on the option ‘New Rule’. Windows Firewall shows you the New Inbound Rule Wizard:
5) A new window will open and Select the ‘custom’ option and click Next:
7) Add the IP address and click on the ‘Ok’ button:
That is how you add an IP address to the windows firewall.
If you have any questions, please reach out.