Connecting StatusGator to Google Chat
StatusGator can send notifications to your Google Chat room (called a Space) whenever your services' statuses change. Connect your StatusGator Dashboard to Google Chat using Google Chat's incoming webhook capability.
Note: for this initial implementation of our Google Chat integration, your Google Chat will need to have Webhooks enabled across all organization units. Ensure your Google Admin has "Allow users to add and use incoming webhooks" set to On. Google has a tutorial on how. (If you don't have this setting enabled and cannot, please let us know. We're working on an improved integration in the Google Chat app store which will not require webhooks.)
Here's how to add StatusGator's Google Chat integration:
- Go to the Integrations page in StatusGator with the link at the top.
- Then toggle on Google Chat.
- Now, get the webhook URL from Google Chat. Go to your Google Chat Space. Click the space name at the top and then click Manage webhooks.
- When adding a new webhook, you will be asked for two fields: A name and an avatar URL. For the name, enter StatusGator (or anything else you wish to display next to your alerts).
- For the Avatar URL, copy and paste this URL: favicons.statusgator.com/statusgator.png
- Then click Save. The resulting screen will show you a Webhook URL. Press the square copy icon to the right to copy the Webhook URL to your clipboard.
- Then, back in StatusGator, paste that URL into the box provided and click Save at the bottom.
StatusGator service change notifications will begin flowing into your Google Chat Space.