Filtering to Service Components
Some services monitored by StatusGator have many components. These could be separate products, hosted regions, or granular status details. You can utilize StatusGator component filters to limit your notifications and dashboard status to that of only the components you care about.
Let's look at Zoom, one of the most popular services on StatusGator.
Here's how you can filter by components:
- Sign into StatusGator and go to your dashboard.
- Scroll down and click that filter icon on the right side next to any service.
- Choose the "Filter to specific components" option. This allows you to choose just the components that are useful to you.
- Now, check off the components you use. The current status of each will show next the component name. You can also expand groups of services to see subcomponents underneath.
For example, maybe you don't use the Conference Room Connector so you would not check that. And does it really matter to you if the Zoom website itself is down? Probably not. Choose the services that will impact you and the leave the rest unchecked.
- Click Save Configuration at the bottom:
In the case of the above selections, the status of Zoom on your dashboard and on your status page will change from Warn to Up because the components you have selected are all up. A warning icon will show next to your filter icon indicating that Zoom is experiencing issues that are outside the scope of your filters.